Have you ever spent hours wondering how to decorate your house? In today's world it is safe to say that we all want to be stylish and up to date when buying new home décor. However, most of us are not design experts and do not know where to start when planning on decorating our homes. Here are 7 of the top home trends we are seeing in 2023:
1. Bold statement pieces: More homeowners are using bold statement pieces such as marble, quartz and granite in the kitchen to create a luxurious and elegant aesthetic. Although marble requires careful maintenance, it is a timeless and classic material. Quartz and granite are less expensive options but are both very attractive.
2. Don’t hide the wine: Wine racks and cellars are no longer being hidden away, but instead are being showcased as a piece of art in their own right. Many wine cellars are designed with aesthetics in mind, featuring custom-made racks, lighting, and other decorative elements that can be tailored to the owner’s taste and style. Wine cellars serve a functional purpose by providing an ideal environment for storing and aging wine, while providing an attractive space to entertain guests.
3. Bold, multifunctional spaces: Kitchen islands can serve as a focal point and provide additional workspace, storage and seating. Larger, even double kitchen islands will sometimes be integrated to accommodate for larger entertaining space in the kitchen. They can also be designed to match the style of the room, from traditional to modern. Consumers are now opting for trendy bold looks and want their appliances to complement that. Cabinets, on the other hand, can add character and style while providing much-needed storage space.
4. Warm colors: Many homeowners are moving away from the stark whites and grays of the past and opting for warmer, more inviting colors. Rich jewel tones like emerald green and sapphire blue are becoming increasingly popular.
5. Statement lighting: Lighting can have a significant impact on the overall feel of a room. Many homeowners are choosing to make a statement with their lighting fixtures, incorporating bold, eye-catching designs in a variety of colors and shapes that serve as a focal point for the space.
7. Vintage and retro styles: Retro and vintage styles have made a comeback in recent years, with many homeowners opting for mid-century modern furniture and decor. This trend emphasizes curved furniture and decor. We are seeing more curved architecture in doorways and interior space as a whole.
7. Smart home technology: With advances in technology, many homeowners are incorporating smart home features into their living spaces. This includes everything from smart thermostats and lighting systems to voice-activated assistants and home security systems. Turning lights on, controlling the thermostat, access to music, unlocking doors… all at your fingertips!
While decor trends will change, one thing stays the same: the homeowner always has to choose what they think looks best for their home and their family – just as they always have. If you are on the fence about making design decisions, real estate agents are a fantastic resource to leverage even if you are not planning to sell your home right away. As real estate agents, we are connected with vendors who constantly give us feedback and ideas from the projects they work on. When the time is right to sell, your local expert will help you maximize your value.